Botanical Garden of Marosvásárhely



 

Description of the area

The Botanical Garden is situated in the north-east of Târgu Mureş in the district of the Medical and Pharmaceutical University.

In 1906 a military school was settled in the town and the three-stores building was finished in 1908. According to the educational practice of that age, a 2 ha large dendrology park was formed around the building. Between the two world wars the school was turned into a Romanian Military School, while during the second world war it was a Hungarian military school again. In 1945 the Medical Faculty of the University of Cluj was moved here.  

 

 

 

 

 

In 1948 the Faculty was transformed into the Medical and Pharmaceutical University of Târgu Mureş and during the same zear the territory of the dendrology park was increased with 1,5 ha and turned into the Botanical Garden.

Nowadays the dendrology park houses over 154 species of trees and bushes, whil in the botanical garden there are over 800 species of autochthonous and exotic plants, that have been brought here from various corners of the world.

However, this interesting botanical garden is very little known even among the inhabitants of Târgu Mureş.

Szentes Lajos, Demeter László

 

 

 

 

 
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Zöld SzékelyFöld Egyesület
Térkép
 

 




 
 
 
 
 


Comments (0)




<< BACK